There are many ways you can help at Sadie’s Place:
Sadie’s Place is a volunteer organization that relies entirely on fundraising and donations. Rescuing horses is, of course, a tremendous undertaking – from feeding and care to vet, farrier and transportation costs. For example:
- Bedding for one horse for 1 month = $25
- Feed for one horse for 1 month = $50
- Hay for one horse for 1 month = $75
- Daily care and cleaning for one horse for one month = $100
- Care for one horse for one month = $250 (Donor receives two free passes to Storybook Adventures Family Day)
Donations can me made as a one-time gift or as a monthly offering. And all donations of $20 or more will receive a charitable tax receipt!
Sadie’s Place works towards the day when every horse will have a safe and loving home.You make this work possible. And we invite you to take on a leadership role in creating a compassionate future by becoming a Best Buddy. Your regular monthly donation (an amount of your choice) will help provide the resources for the critical rescue, rehabilitation and advocacy work that Sadie’s Place does on behalf of horses and all animals.
- Best Buddies receive a digital photograph of a Sadie’s horse & a Best Buddy certificate
- Best Buddies whose donation exceeds $500/year will also receive a t-shirt and five passes to Storybook Adventures Family Days.
- Best Buddies whose donation exceeds $1000/year will receive a hoodie, five passes to Storybook Adventures Family Days and three free pony rides.
- Best Buddies whose donations exceed $2500/year will receive a hoodie, t-shirt, a VIP tour to meet our horses, 10 passes to Storybook Stables Family Days, six free pony rides.
BEST BUDDY FAQs (link)
Sadie’s Memorial program offers a unique way to honor and memorialize loved ones – human or animal – who are no longer with us. For contributions of $50 or more, you will receive a memorial card reflecting the name of the special loved one.
A gift memorial donation can offer support to a friend or family member who has lost a loved one; gift recipients will receive a letter of sympathy and memorial card noting a donation has been made in the loved one’s name.
Please email email@example.com to make a donation in memory and to order your memorial card today.
Donations of $200 or more can include an engraved stone in our Memorial Garden that will be constructed this summer.
A memorial stone provides a lasting remembrance of our loved ones. The Memorial will offer a contemplative and peaceful garden setting to honor the memory of those who have passed with natural, engraved stones arranged throughout the Garden. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a donation in memory and to order your engraved memorial stone today.
Your Engraved Memorial Stone:
- $200 6″ x 10″ stone (10 characters)
- $400 1′ x 1′ stone (20 characters)
- $600 2′ x 2′ stone (36 characters)
- $1,000 4′ x 4′ stone (64 characters)
You don’t have to be wealthy to make a significant contribution to horse rescue. Planned gifts are gateways to creating extraordinary change. What better way to reflect your values of compassion and care than to include Sadie’s Place in your estate plans, and ensure that you continue to create extraordinary acts of change for horses as your legacy.
Example bequest language (LINK)
Sadie’s Place is a registered non-profit organization. If your company does automatic payroll donations for charity, tell them you would like your donation to go to Sadie’s Place! You must use our registered name – the P.E.I. Equine Retirement Society. Business number 893434860 RR0001
Corporate Sponsors for Compassion
Corporate Sponsors for Compassion was established to recognize the vision, kindness, and caring of Sadie’s Place business members. Please contact Jana at email@example.com
- Two company promotions or features mentioned on Sadie’s social networking pages
- Quarter-page advertisement in Sadie’s quarterly newsletter
- Twelve passes to Storybook Stables Family Days, eight free pony rides
- Four company promotions or features mentioned on Sadie’s social networking pages
- Half-page advertisement in Farm Sanctuary’s quarterly newsletter
- Farm open for company picnic/VIP Farm Tour for up to 20 people (food not included)
- Twelve company promotions or features mentioned on Sadie’s social networking pages
- Full page advertisement in Sadie’s quarterly newsletter
- Farm open for company picnic/VIP Farm Tour for up to 30 including pony rides (food not included)* Based on cumulative annual contributions toward the Corporate Sponsorsprogram.GRAPHICS GUIDELINES:
Please supply all advertisement artwork as high res (300 dpi) PDF, TIFF or JPG. Please email files to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are always horses that need to be cared for and loved at Sadie’s Place. If you have horse experience (or are willing to learn) then help is always needed! Volunteers must be 12 and up (with the exception of our Animal Heroes kids club, ages 8 and up, which comes together as a group!) and while we know everyone wants to play with animals (including us!) please note that cleaning and caring for the animals is the main part of our day! Join our volunteer team today – just email email@example.com to inquire!
- Animal care: Help clean barns, pens, feed, water and socialize animals
- Education and outreach: Table at offsite and onsite events, assist with farm supervision, merchandise tables, parking, etc
- Other special skills like marketing, photography, book keeping, FUNDRAISING, etc
- Be on Sadie’s Board of Directors
Please join in with one of our fundraising initiatives and help us raise awareness while we raise funds to support rescue efforts. Or hold fundraisers of your own! We are always so inspired by kids, in particular, who have held basket draws, sold lemonade and artwork or who ask for donations to Sadie’s Place in lieu of birthday gifts.
The Canadian Horse Defense Coalition estimates more than 100,000 horses are sent to slaughter in Canada each year. Many of these horses were young, vibrant, sound and sane animals. Their only crime was outliving their usefulness to their owner. At Sadie’s Place, we offer owners an alternative. Through our assessment and re-training process we can provide these horses and ponies a second chance at a new life.
Note potential adopters must fill out our pre-adoption form before booking an appointment to meet the horses. This form tells us about you, your horse experience and what kind of horse you are interested in. We use this information to match you with the horse or pony that best suits your experience and situation, and to match horses and ponies to their best chances of a forever and loving home.